This week Jeff and Ana had a conversation with Chris Bokstrom about overcoming fear. There’s been a lot of stuff happening in the world lately that could engender fear and we’ve all been feeling it. We asked ourselves how do we keep perspective in such a crazy world?
- One point that came us was that most of us have had a bellyful of the negative slant to most of the news programs on TV. Limiting your exposure to the fear mongering on the news is helpful.
- Another suggestion was to deal with your fears as they arise, rather than trying to stuff them, instead really look at them – what is the source, what is the worst that can happen, how would you deal with that?
- Gratitude is always helpful – if you can focus on what you’re grateful for, it’s difficult to be fearful.
- Getting out into nature often helps you to get things into perspective.
- Sharing your pain with someone you trust.
- Reminding yourself that often the source of your fears are in the past and the past does not equal the present.
- Tune in to the reason the fears are coming up – perhaps it’s your egos way of distracting you from the fact that you are making positive progress and moving away from ego.